I’m sending a bunch of pieces back to the dye pot to get one more layer of color before I start the final push of constructing the rest of the pieces for my show. This photo is of a number of pieces that were all overdyed with shades of Burnt Orange.
There’s a big batch of mixed colors and fabrics in the dryer right now. I also dyed about 18 yards of muslin for the interiors of the pieces I’m making for the March show. I’ll overdye more today and then I should be finished with dyeing for a while.
Overdyeing is always a risk–I’ve made some bad choices before–but most often the fabrics aren’t usable without another trip to the dyebath. The color either needs a little correction or they have too much white space. What I just put in the dryer looks like a mixed bag–some very nice and a few dogs. I never can tell, though, until they are washed, dried, and ironed.